8.19.2006

August 18, 2006 Phila Folk Fest Day 1

The first day of the festival this year has been terrific. First, I have a corner booth, so I have great visibility, plus my “smellies” get out into the public, for some free advertisement. I have a great location as well, as just about everyone that comes in or out can see or smell me. So on that note, sales exceeded expectations for me this year so far. If this keeps up, I will be one happy camper. They are calling for some rain on Sunday, so we will see how it goes.

There are a lot of crafters this year, over 50. And many new ones, different, than last year, and some that I know from other shows as well. I’m already working on the barters (big surprise) and have some great ideas for things that I want. The kicker is, some of the things that I thought would be here aren’t, so I don’t have the opportunity to spend money like I thought I would.

Breakfast was good, French toast, cereal, and juice. Lunch was wither a chicken Cesar salad or a veggie burger with a salad, along with some corn, a roll, a drink, and a popsicle. Like last year they came around to get you change, give you water and/or ice, and generally just be really, really, nice people. J was with me and she agreed that this really is a special show.

I had a good amount of repeat customers which was really nice to see. Some bought for them today and say they will be back for gifts on Sunday. That would be cool!

But the first day is the longest. We came in early so we could get J’s badge (which wasn’t in the computer), set up, and get breakfast, as well as avoid the crazy traffic. We succeeded, but it made for an 18 hour day. So sleep came quickly, and not for long enough…..

No comments: