8.05.2006

August 4, 2006- Musikfest day 1

I am the Queen of Craft Show Karma. What is craft show karma you may ask? I believe it is when one crafter does something nice for another, and eventually it comes back to you- when you need someone or something at a craft show, someone will be there for you. Its sort of a “Pay if Forward” idea, but just more limited to art and craft shows.

This was the day for me to charge up that karma. “I” who has a booth a few down from me and who in past years has been my neighbor, started chatting and mentioned that she could not find a hotel room for the next two nights and planned on sleeping in her van. Now she is not a kid anymore, and with this terrible heat that we have been agonizing through, I just couldn’t let her do it. So for two nights she is our guest, until she can check into her hotel on Sunday. Later that morning another a few down the other side of me didn’t have a long enough extension cord, so my trusty electrical bag got opened and they will be using mine until they bring in another.

But I think some of this love has already been paid back- in spades. See, C and I were talking just the other night about how tired I was of craft shows, and show mentally beat I was. We were talking about alternative paths I could take, and when I should take them. But the show today was just amazing. Customer after customer commented on my new displays, on my new labels, on how much they enjoy watching me grow from year to year. One said that it was his pleasure to watch me and my business evolve. Wow… that one is gonna stick with me for a while. It was just the boost I needed at the exact time that I needed it. Oh yea, and I made pretty good sales too.

No comments: