8.14.2006

August 13, 2006 Musikfest Day 10

Well the show ended for me on a high note with Sunday being the best day of the event. It is already being published in the paper that this year’s event has been the highest attended ever, with somewhere over 1 million people in over 10 days. I will admit, my sales did not reflect that this was the highest attended event ever, but with Sunday being as strong as it was, I made out almost as I did 4 years ago- my first time at the show.

Tear down was surprisingly civil, typically there is at least one yelling match, but alas, there wasn’t. There is however a lack of direction and assistance from ArtsQuest at the end of the show. I know they are busy, and that they trust us to be adults, but there really should be someone directing traffic. The people next to me that have the huge trailer, surprisingly didn’t pull it in and block everyone like they have in years past, but pulled it in to the side and hauled their wooden signs rather than loading right into the trailer.

I also, like every year, make some wonderful trades. I got a necklace from Autdemna Jewlers (http://www.autdemnajewelers.com/home%20page.html), some hanging pots and a lamp from Acorn Tinnery, some prints for the girls (K&M) from James Browne (http://www.jamesbrowne.net) , and a bracelet from J & F, whose company name escapes me right now.

I also acquired some leads on some other shows that I need to look into doing, lots of great ideas for soaps for next year, and a lead on doing some sales through a local high school band as a fundraiser. All in all this has been a pretty profitable show for me and if these leads pan out, it will be great.

No comments: