8.06.2006

August 5, 2006- Musikfest day 2

It has only been two days and I am physically wiped out. My feet hurt, my legs hurt, it must be funny to watch me walk around the house and down the stairs until I get all the kinks worked out. I don’t remember craft shows tiring me out like this. I usually feel like this around day 7, not day 2. And no matter how much I try and sleep in, I am wide awake around 6 am, and just lay there till 7, listening to the cats beg for food.

Sales seem pretty strong this year. So far I am happy, but only the days during the week will really tell for sure. The weekends are usually pretty good, its those days during the week that really make a difference in the overall bottom line.

Overall the day was quiet and uneventful. B and I are trying to figure the “theme” of this years attendees. See last year it was like every other person had on “Cabella’s” merchandise, or was smoking a cigar. This year the cigars are much less popular, and I have seen few Cabella’s branded hats or shirts. What I have noticed is the trend of women to wear black bras with clothing that you can see them through (like pink wifebeaters), and more and more tattoos. I wonder, as tattooing goes more mainstream, what will the “rebels” amongst us do to differentiate themselves?

I also have a comment about Goth- last night Alice and Chains preformed, so there was quite a bit of what I think of as Gothlite – all the black, none of the makeup. Now I understand this is a fashion choice, a way of life choice, but geeze, it was 90 this afternoon, where does common sense overcome fashion sense. It makes me hot just thinking about how hot they must be walking around in the sun in all that black.

I also knit my first washcloth. My mom usually makes them, but I asked for the pattern. I am less than happy with my tension. And I tend to slip knit wise and she slips purl wise, so once it is done, upon inspection you can easily tell which one is mine. I stated another one with one size smaller needles so I hope that will help make mine look like hers a lot more.

No comments: