8.12.2006

August 10 & 11, 2006 Musikfest Day 7 & 8

It’s at the point in the show where I feel like Frankenstein’s Monster when I get up in the mornings. My eyes are glued closed with sleep, every bone in my body hurts, so I lurch down the hallway, and my brain has totally turned off- if I haven’t written it down, it just ain’t getting done. I can't believe that after this I have to spend a day cleaning the tent/displays and repacking, so I can go set up again on Wednesday at the Phila Folk Festival. But it only takes one good night of sleep to put it all right.

Thursday was not as good as the miracle of Wednesday’s sales, but it was a surprisingly strong night. The day itself was blah- nothing that stood out that I remember now. I started getting caught up on my reading- I only have 6 months of magazines to go through, and knitted a wash cloth. I’ve been trying to knit one or more every day. For some reason they take longer for me than a bath mitt. I wonder why…

Friday has been my best day of sales yet. The list of soaps that I need to make is growing and it looks like I’ll have a pretty bust last week in August, first weeks in September catching up. I also have been selling bath fizzys like crazy, so I will need to make about 700 of them before folk fest in order to have any inventory at all. The lip balms seem to be pretty popular in their new tubes as well. I have also started working out a deal to sell a soap and a lotion bar in a seed catalog. Hopefully I’ll have more info on that in the coming months. And finally, I think I have killed my printer. I as way too much of it, and we have started searching for a higher quality, faster printing color laser printer. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

No comments: