8.07.2006

August 6, 2006- Musikfest day 3

The day started off very slowly, and although sales picked up later in the evening, I was surprised that I sold much less than it felt like I sold. There are always days like that- days where you feel super busy, only to come home to count the money and be disappointed, and some days that feel long and slow, but surprise you at the end. The three day total is acceptable, but below what I had been hoping for. The long range forecast is calling for great weather next weekend, and at night during the week, so I am being hopeful that in the end it will be a good show.

For the past four years I have befriended a volunteer that I’ll call “K”, well it is her time to grow up, she goes to college in just 20 short days. I wish I could afford to get her what she really wants- a drum- but instead I will try and see if I can find her something cool as a going away gift. I see so much of myself in her it is scary. I think going away to school will be a great experience for her and I’m glad that she has promised to come back next summer too so she can tell me all about it.

I knitted another washcloth, this one came out better. It is still looser than the ones my mom makes, but as B pointed out- so what- it gives people a choice. I just can’t get over comparing mine to hers and thinking that mine look so inferior. But B is right, to the customer; they just see “different”, not better or worse when it comes to knitted dishcloths.

No comments: