7.02.2012

Kutztwon Festival Day 2

I will admit, it was hot. Kinda unbearable at times. I was great as long as I was standing still but then when moved around things got hot. I usually wear a pair of shorts under my skirt and a tank top so I can change into something lighter in order to stop and have dinner. I think I am going to skip that layer today and just bring a t-shirt to change into just before I leave.

I think I did very well in sales. I am down a little from last year but no so much that I can't get it back. I have also made some great connections, a few possible wholesale accounts and have seen some good customers come by to cheer me on.

There isn't too much to report because the days are so nice. It is just a good steady stream of people, I never get too busy but I never get too bored. I have a great spot, lots of shade, a cross breeze, and shelter from any storms. My neighbors are awesome people and are kind and generous and not overly chatty of imposing. I could work like this for weeks and not have any troubles.

Last year Day 3 was the 4th of July, this year we have to wait till Wednesday. So I totally don't expect today's sales to be anything like last year, but I hope that they are strong and I hope we get a little reprieve from the heat.

But come on out and say hello, really there is lots of cold things to eat and drink (the frozen chocolate covered strawberries look mighty fine), misting stations, and lots of shade. It should be less crowded today so if you can't beat the heat at least beat the crowds!

No comments: