7.25.2012

WXPN Festival and Week of July 16-22

On Monday things began to return to a certain normalcy around here. Monday was the usual day of making soaps and doing paperwork. That evening I went to my weekly knit night and totally had a blast even though I was exhausted. I dropped off some goodies to the ladies that produce the Sticks and Stones video blog so they could offer them up as a give away.

Tuesday and Wednesday was more of the same. I also got everything ready to go to the WXPN festival- I packed the inventory, the food, the clothes, and the electronics needed for the trip.

Thursday I ran a few errands and then went knitting at a friends house for a few hours. Once 1 pm came it was time to take off for Camden. It took about an hour and a half to get there. I have to admit, I hate the drive, it is not fun at all. Once I made it to the hotel it was time for a snack, a run in the gym, and a hot shower. Then I waited for C to arrive with our new family member- Mona. She is only 6 weeks old and flew in with C from his mother's house in Puerto Rico, where she was found two weeks before abandoned in the yard.

Friday we went to breakfast and then to the show to set up. It is a very easy set up except for the fact that I have a bench in my booth that takes up the back two feet. Oh, and we are at a marina, that gets windy, so we need 200 lbs of weights and we also tie to the bench with rope to keep everything in place. The show starts that evening and although it only misted a little, the reports of impending rain seemed to keep people from buying anything they worried about getting wet, so the night was super slow.

Saturday the show ran as usual, and the stage that I am near has music on and off all day. Most of it is pretty good and I enjoy it, but there was a few times that I was praying for the set to be over soon, as I thought my ears may bleed. And I got tired of yelling over the music and asking customers to speak up because my ears had begun to ring and hurt. As you can tell this is not my favorite booth location.

Sunday the show ended at 7 and we were out of there relatively quickly. Sales were down, I am not sure why, maybe because of s few changes at the venue, maybe the economy, maybe just people there don't like my product. I am not sure. But it was back to the hotel for one more night.

Monday C left to fly back out for work and I drove home with Mona. Same dive, more traffic, more headache. Once I got home Mona started to immediately bond with Ted, our 1 yr old male, and was ignored by Fuchsia our 15 yr old female, but at least she wasn't hissed at! Everyone still only has supervised visits with the baby girl, but all seems to be setting on quite smoothly so far!

So this weekend is the Fleetwood Blues Festival, I hope to see you there!

No comments: