6.30.2012

Kutztown Folk Festival- Day 1

Wonderfully the day wasn't as hot as I expected it to be. I have survived hotter. I had a nice breeze that comes in the door by my booth location and I had a fan set up by my feet as well. I also didn't wear shoes most of the day so that helps me stay cool too. The $20 I spent on new rugs to stand on all day are so far the best money I have spent. Getting to stand barefoot not only keep me cool but keeps my feet from getting sore.

I think I had a strong day of sales. Many other people around me were not that happy. I figure it is too early to be worried or upset, there is still 8 days to go. You never know what the week is going to bring. I also do not keep records of shows on a per day basis, it stresses me out too much to compare like that, I pay attention to the number at the end of the show and that is it.

I loved the day. It brought in so many repeat customers and many, many new ones. I had one customer explain to me that it was her first time there and she was looking for "handmade soap" that was old fashioned handmade soap and looked handmade. Until finally finding me (mine was the last building she went into) she was disappointed that she hadn't found what she was looking for. She was seriously so excited that an hour or so later we ended up in the ladies room at the same time and she stopped me again to tell me how excited she was to find me. That made my day!

I never felt overwhelmed with customers but I never really felt like I wasn't busy either. I had to sneak in some food and water and never had enough time to properly sit and eat any of it. It was just a steady day with steady sales, nothing really large but every one a blessing.

So yes it was hot, yes maybe the crowds have been bigger in the past, and yes, maybe I made more last year on Saturday (who knows? I don't), but I had a wonderful day at a wonderful show and I am going to bed tired but happy.

Hope to see you all there this week!


No comments: