7.07.2012

Kutztown Festival Day 7

Well for me it was another day of steady sales. I never had the chance to get bored which I love. I hate it when shows slow down, I get that lull and it is hard to get out of. At least when things are steady I can keep up my energy and really not give in to the tired.

Today is supposed to be a scorcher. But seriously, come out to the festival anyway. There is a good breeze that blows through most of the buildings, lots of shade, the air conditioned quilt barn to take a break in, and if something goes wrong, they have an excellent EMT staff. I know this because a friend of mine who has been at the festival all week got to visit them yesterday for a bit when she overheated. Even better they checked on her all day. It was the best care I have ever seen a festival give a participant. This is a huge KUDOS!!

One thing I gave up on yesterday was wearing "proper shoes". I have had on leather (more appropriate to my costume) footwear, but on the seventh day they rested. I wore my Vibrams. I am addicted to those shoes. The way they splay my toes a little just keeps my feet from cramping up. My heals still hurt a little from taking the brunt of my weight all day because of the angle I stand at, but my feet feel great. I think today I may be skipping the hat and apron too, just to keep cooler.

It's funny. During the day I think to myself- "I have to blog that" but then when I get up the next day, the previous day is just a blur. Just a few days ago is a total blur. This heat has been relentless, usually it is a few days and then the cool front comes through or a big storm, and things are good again before it gets hot again, but this week it just has been day after day after day.

Anyway, enough with the heat. It is my preoccupation today. It is time to get up and pack inventory, mail out a few orders and clean up a little so C can come home and actually get into the spare room. See ya soon!!

No comments: