1.29.2010

So close.... I can almost tell you...

I am "this close" (imagine my fingers being a hairs breath apart) to having TWO places you will be able to buy my soap locally. I am very excited about both of them. One I have a verbal "yes we want to carry your stuff"- but no order yet and the second I have a written "yes we want to carry your stuff" but I have a bunch to do to get that account ready-lots of paperwork and I need some website stuff done first... But I hope, I hope, that in a few weeks I can so some major announcements- so keep your fingers crossed for me!!

I have made two new fragrances- Bay Rum and Palmarosa. I really, really, (did I say really?) like the Bay Rum. It is white with yellow swirls and I hope that it beaks the "curse of the yellow soap". Have you ever noticed that none of my "regular line" soaps are yellow? I have. And every year I try at least one yellow soap, and every year it bombs. I have green and yellow, but no plain yellow.

The palmarosa is less of a favorite of mine. It is a very green floral. Like being in the garden while the grass is being cut. Fresh, clean, ...strong. But it may mellow out some after it cures and is ready for sale. I tried a new oxide for the color and it really lost it's color. So rather than a vibrant purple I got a tan/gray. Not as gray as Star Anise, not as tan as Egyptian Cotton, and not as dark as Lavender-Patch. And certainly not the color I was shooting for. I have to make more, so I have to decide if this color is a mistake or a design choice. And if it is a mistake, then I need to figure out what color to make it and I am sort of at a loss for that answer right now.

I am getting ready to go away. Next week I will leave for a vacation, celebrating my anniversary and Valentine's Day all at once. Dad will watch the house, the cats, and the shop. So orders will still be mailed, and I will try and answer email once a day so I can get things taken care of so it isn't too much of a mess when I return:)

No comments: