4.13.2009

Tons of knitting

Is it an addiction or a sickness when you put on your list of things to do before heading on vacation a list of knitting projects. I just couldn't stand thinking of them sitting home for 10 days and not being worked on. So in the last four days I have finished the surprise birthday present (that shall remain unnamed till I get back), I seamed 30 soap savers, finished a block for the afghan and knit the second sock to finish the knit-a-long.

While I am gone I have packed enough yarn for 20 more soap savers, and oodles of washcloths (I hope to finish 30 of them at least). The days will be filled with car rides, and knitting keeps me from getting car sick and from getting scared of traffic. I wish I could knit and drive at the same time, luckily this trip I don't think I will be driving at all. Washcloths are great because I don't even have to look at them, my hands just feel when something goes wrong, so I can still look around and knit at the same time.

And since I don't leave until Thursday, I cast on for a border strip for the afghan and for some baby booties too for charity. I think I will finish the booties before leaving, but probably not the four feet of border I need.

And in all of this I am desperately fighting off the urge to cast on for another pair of socks.

Yeah, I think it's an addiction...

No comments: