4.07.2009

Gaining- not loosing

So I have been working out now for two weeks and I have gained at least 4 lbs. After doing some research there could be quite a few reasons for this with the two most likely being that I am either gaining muscle (that weighs more) or that I am not eating enough calories to maintain my new level of exercise.

I doubt that it is the second one.. eat plenty and haven't really cut back on anything. So I am going with the thought that I am gaining muscle. I think I am, my pants are fitting a little better, I actually FELT slimmer the other day. I have only missed one day in the last two weeks and I made it up by exercising a little longer the next few days.

But I have been starving lately. Just ravenous. I have to keep myself from eating 10 meals a day. I have tried to up my water intake because often you are really thirsty when you think you are hungry. And I started taking some acid reflux meds because when that acts up on me I feel oddly hungry, which just becomes a huge Catch-22 if I do eat...

So that is this weeks update on my exercise. I missed yesterday, today I have to do a little more and I think I will weigh in on the Wii and see what it says. Hopefully if I keep on this the weight will start to come off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I have been working out since the beginning of February, and I haven't lost a pound... in fact, I've gained one. I'm calorie counting, and working out at least twice a week at the gym... but I am seeing results. Are you measuring yourself? That is where I am seeing the biggest change, because the weight is shifting from fat to muscle, and therefore making me heavier. And wow, have I noticed my endurance increasing!

Unknown said...

I really have to thank you for commenting. I was really loosing confidence. I missed yesterday- just bummed by the scale, and today I have a crazy headache, but I will catch up even if it means working out over the weekend now that you have inspired me:)