2.06.2007

December 25-31 Week 52

Monday: Christmas Day. As usual I was spoiled rotten. From new clothes to some awesome knitting supplies I just can’t explain how cool some of the things I have gotten are. C got me LOTS of knitting needles. I got almost all of the sizes of the new light up needles and I also got one set of size 8 GLASS needles. I can’t wait until I have the perfect project to use them on, however, I have a HUGE fear of breaking them. I am really happy that I actually have a hobby like knitting. I am right now having to knit a bunch of mitts and washcloths but in between I’m going to do some great projects for myself. B got me some hand made stitch markers, so now I am all set. In a month I’ll go on a knitting retreat with J and I will look so spiffy it won’t be funny. I guess I am becoming the crafter that I have always hated- all the bells and whistles but none of the knowledge. But I’m getting to be a better knitter so I won’t be like this for long.

Tuesday: K couldn’t make it to work because of family stuff. I just kept on truckin’. New labels for some of the boxes of supplies, I cleaned out the fragrances and figure out what I needed to order. I ordered a bunch of supplies. Man the money goes fast in January and February.

Wednesday: K came to work and we just kept at it. It has all been such a blur I can’t even really remember what we did this day. All I know is that we kept crossing of things on my list of things to do and the shop just kept getting more and more organized.

Thursday: We milled, and milled, and milled. I had close to a years worth of unsellable soaps to grind down for my new camping/travel soap bags/ sachets. I thought it would take us a few hours, it took us close to 5 and that was both of us working hard. The next day my hands hurt like crazy and K said that her back was pretty sore.

Friday C and I spent a bunch of time running errands. We went to Home Depot to get some peg board so I could use it for a jewelry box of sorts. It was just a million little things that needed to get done.

Saturday was spent doing things around the house. C had hurt his back during the week and it was finally feeling good enough to do a bunch of stuff.

Sunday was New Years Eve. We had a great dinner (as usual) with B & M at their favorite Italian restaurant. After that we went over to their house and played games with them and D & J as well. D & J’s daughter, M was there too, but she was really sick so she was pretty much just hanging on the sofa. My stomach started giving me problems so we ended up leaving right after midnight (pretty boring I know), but C & B both went yelling in the street right after the ball dropped. It was raining so they got soaked!

No comments: