2.07.2007

Jan 8-14 2007 Week 2

C was gone all week. He was traveling in Great Britain and the Netherlands for work, one week in each place. I thought about going with him one of the weeks but I wanted to have K for all the time I could before she went back to school, and I also wanted to go and visit J while he was gone so we could minimize our time apart in Jan.

Monday-Wednesday K and I got lots of work done. Soap made and lip glosses started. I also got lots of knitting done. The big thing I learned this week was not to watch Six Feet Under when your most beloved person on the planet is traveling and communication with him is spotty. What a great show, but how depressing. I think it was better when you only got to see an episode at a time when it was on TV because being able to watch 3 or more in a row can defiantly affect a person’s frame of mind.

Thrusday: K and I went to Ikea and picked up a few things I needed and a few things for her dorm room as well. We also stopped at Michaels to look at the yarn and one other store to see if they had any yarn left (they were phasing it out to have more room for beads). In the afternoon I had a hair appointment. I really like having my hair short, and that it can actually be put into a nice style, but the cost and time to keep it up at the salon is such a pain. I am probably one of the only people who really doesn’t enjoy having my hair cut.

Friday I went to lunch at R’s place. R and I met at a craft show a few years ago and I had her make a bracelet for K, so I had her make one for M as well. So I went to pick it up and spend some time with her and the kids. It is just so nice to be able to get out of the house and spend some time with adults and with women. As a kid and young adult I never really had many friendships with women, but in the last few years I have really had the opportunity to meet and bond with some superb ladies. I just need to take some time and spend more time with them because it is good for me to get out, to get a new perspective, and to get a chance to socialize.

Saturday: A day to get some things done and to get packed for my trip to J’s. I went to dinner with B & M at Paprika’s- and absolutely awesome Hungarian restaurant. I had this great dinner that pretty much is roasted pork in a garlic sauce served over French Fries. It was so good I find myself craving it now….and dessert…I can’t spell it but they are these crepe things that have all sorts of stuff in them, I had mine finned with walnuts.. YUM!

Sunday: The day itself started well, but the night was he**. I laid down early because I needed to be up around 2 am in order to be able to catch my fight to J’s. Around 8pm I started not feeling well, and by 10 I was having an intimate relationship with my bathroom. I tried sleeping in between “incidents” and poured myself into a shower around 3 am and somehow got myself to the airport and suffered through the flight to Detroit. This was the sickest that I have ever been that hasn’t been alcohol induced. It was so bad that about midnight I almost called B to come sit with me because I had almost passed out. But I was set on getting on that plane and I knew that she wouldn’t let me go, so I suffered alone…

No comments: