2.12.2007

February 5-11 2007 Week 6

Monday was the first day since being sick that I started really doing something in the shop, about the business, and I even restarted exercising, slowly and a little, but enough to start building by endurance back up. I measured out bags of bath salts so I could start to fragrance them and package them. I couldn’t believe how many bags there were! I knew I had bought quite a bit of salt (200 lbs) but looking at it all at once in gallon baggies, well it took up lots of room on the shop floor. I got an order mailed out. It was actually placed last fall for Christmas but I was sold out of a few fragrances already so I had to get it out in time for Valentines Day instead. I ordered some supplies, and did laundry as well. I think it was a good first day back to work.

Tuesday I still took it slow. I have been working on show applications for days now and they seem never ending. Trying to figure out what I really want to do and when to apply for them, and when I’ll hear back, and what my second choice is, and on and on and on. I’m to the point where I still have a few apps to send out and I have a few more weekends to try and find shows for, but if I can get into what I have applied to so far I’ll have a challenging year. I started catching up on this blog, man I was so far behind… I also got a box of stuff mailed out to my dad and to K as well.

Wednesday was more blogging, more apps, and more work on the salts. I did a complete inventory of the soaps and what I still need to make to get up to the inventory that I want. I also figured out exactly how many bath salts I need to make and whew, that is a LOT of salt! C left this morning for Mexico, he is only supposed to be gone for a day, but his flight was delayed so he missed his connecting flight. So instead of flying from Philly to Charlotte to Mexico City, he flew from Philly, to Charlotte, to Dulles, to Mexico City, and landed about 10 hours later than he expected to. Needless to say his meeting for the afternoon were cancelled, so he’ll be gone a day longer than expected. B and I went out for a great dinner this evening. M was out of town as well so we decided it was girls night out.

Thursday I started to fragrance and packaging the salts, still was working on those stupid applications, I swear I have hundreds here to go through, blogged some more, sent out an order, and bought more yarn that was on sale online.

Friday was a day of rest. Ran my errands (like groceries) and then sat and knit all day. I have been going through a NASCAR withdrawal so I watched SPEED channel all afternoon, including practice for the But Shootout. I got quite a few washcloths knit so it wasn’t a whole wasted day.

Saturday C and I just took the day and relaxed. His flight in the way home on Friday was delayed as well so he made it home a few hours later than he had expected. I watched the NASCAR race in the evening and we pretty much just hung out all day besides that.

Sunday we ran some errands. Our one I-pod needs a new battery so we brought it back to Best Buy since we have an extended warranty. We had done this just a few weeks ago but they didn’t seem to have fixed anything, not to mention they mailed it to our house three addresses ago, even though we told them the new address when we dropped it off. Hopefully this time it will get fixed. While we were there we bought a new game for the Wii. Hopefully we’ll get the darn thing set up this week finally. We also went to Wegmans and got C’s dad some bulk sugar free candy, and stuff to make this awesome coffee cake I make. I spent the rest of the day baking coffee cake and making Bacalo salad, and then soup for dinner. We aren’t used to having so many things to eat and we were stuffed by the end of the night.

No comments: