2.27.2007

February 19-25 2007 Week 8

Mondays always start out crazy and this one was like all the others. The thing that gets me is the logical progression of the fact that I have to do thing A in order to do thing B but how this progression gets me so frustrated. I feel so behind because I haven’t started thing B, but I haven’t done thing A yet, and somehow that fact doesn’t seem to bother me as much as not starting thing B. I try lists and lists of things to do in order to keep this progression of things straight, but I still sit every Monday morning doing 10 things just so that I can do 10 others that I am stressed about. My brain works in mysterious ways. I almost finished with the Bath Salts today, and did the typical paying of the bills, answering e-mails, etc…

Tuesday I FINISHED THE BATH SALTS!!!! Can you tell I’m excited with this? What I love is the fact that I have done just about all of them (minus a few labels here & there that I need to order), and that this inventory will last me the remainder of the year just about. How cool is that?!? I also emptied out a few boxes that were storing empty salt containers, so I could use those for crates that I purchased on accident. I had ordered 200 crates and received 400. A few more than I had room for at the time, so the huge box that was blocking my steps to my workshop is finally gone. Fuchsia is upset because it was her favorite place to lay and sleep. But she’s a cat, she’ll find someplace else. I started making lotion bars finally and hope to make one fragrance a week for the next 6 weeks. And finally I started on of my 2007 goals- getting my workshop organized.

Wednesday was more organization. I got all of my bulk supplies broken down into manageable sizes, put everything where it belongs, and labeled boxes accordingly. The afternoon went a little slower than I expected, since I slipped down my stairs while holding the vacuum cleaner. I have a few really pretty black and blue marks, but I emerged otherwise unscathed. Just sore, sore, sore.

Thursday I made basic soap and finished up my lotion bars for the week (except for more labels that I REALLY need to get ordered). I also went to WalMart to buy some Rubbermaid containers that I needed, washed the car, went to the post office, and the drycleaner. I also got ready to go away for the weekend with J. I packed my bags and picked her up at the airport. She arrived about 45 minutes later than she had expected, but since she came into Allentown the midnight arrival wasn’t that bad.

Friday I did a few last things around the shop so I wouldn’t come home feeling too far behind and then we left or our knitting weekend in Maryland. Friday night was a lot of fun. We met some cool people, and we knitted. I started my first sock ever. The bed and breakfast was fantastic and dinner was great.

Saturday was different though. We really caught a different vibe from the excursion and I was less than enthusiastic about the “bedside manner” of the instructor. I found her to be short tempered and not at all encouraging. By lunch we were over it and it just happened that J’s husband had hurt himself at work, giving us ample excuses to go. So it ended up being back to the house for a quiet night of Chinese food, knitting, and watching TV. On a side note: I have been reading this great blog called The Happiness Project. And Saturday was another example of how to me, communication can bring happiness. A few weeks ago C and I went and saw a movie, which we both hated, and would have left half way through, but rather than saying anything, we both suffered and didn’t enjoy the flick. So we have promised each other to say something from now on so we can avoid this in the future. I told J this story, so when she was unhappy at our retreat she felt OK to say something. The same thing I was thinking and feeling, allowing us to make a change and do something that made us happy. BTW, I was going to say something, just a little later than she did.

Sunday we hung around the house, it iced about 2 inches and snowed a bunch. We chilled, knitted, went for an Italian dinner and just generally had a relaxing day. Should I mention that my main man, Mark Martin, the 01 Army car now leads in points. Maybe he won’t have a short season after all. I’d hate to see him loose the chance for a title run…I guess this also means that we watched most of the NASCAR race too :)

No comments: