2.19.2007

February 12-18 2007 Week 7

Monday: Whew, I’m tired.. I started out making lots of soap, actually finishing the Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey that I needed to get to my desired inventory level. I also milled soap, fragranced bath salts, did laundry and paid bills. All while spending what seemed like all day on the phone. Between J, my dad, and what felt like the rest of the world it was a miracle that anything got done today.

Tuesday: I drove to B’s for our semi-monthly meeting to keep each other on track for our business goals. I actually accomplished all I was supposed to in the last two weeks and now have a huge list of things to do during the next two weeks. Keeping focused is hard to do. Once I got home I started bucking down and figuring out what shows I am applying to. It had started to snow and the beginnings of a rather bad storm kept us home for the evening.

Wednesday: Back to the grind, and oh what a grind it is. Since last meeting with B regarding our businesses, I have this (I know) impossible schedule that I am trying to keep. This is making me work long hours, almost like a real job. More soaps made (1/2 of the Love I need to make), fragranced more bath salts (these are taking forever, but should hold me for most of the year), and C and I sat down and pondered shows- then I worked on and got out the last of my applications. I still have a few weekends that I am looking for shows, but I even have some backups in case I don’t get accepted into some that I want to do and some others for alternate weekends, depending on what I am accepted to. After all this we buckled down and started snow removal. One good thing to remember for next time: remove snow AFTER the plows have come through, because all they do is fill in your clean sidewalks with more snow…

Thursday: Supposed to go to Main Line to jury for the spring show but when C went to work the local roads were terrible, so I stayed home. I made three batches of basic, unscented soap, as well as a test batches for what I am hoping will be new products in 2007 (but they are a surprise till I get them working right).

Friday: Typical morning with a trip to the groceries, dryceaner, and post office. I spent some of the afternoon exploring yarn stores. Picked up some new cotton yarn here in Emmaus and at the place in Hellertown as well. First time to the store in Hellertown, not much cotton yarn there, but she does have peaches and cream, which I don’t find very often. Later, C and I went to the movies. We wanted to go to the new ones at the Promenade Mall, but they were WAY busy and filled with teenagers, so we drive down the road for a bit and went to the old faithful theaters. We saw Ghost Rider, and we learned an important lesson in relationship communication: when you think the movie is so bad you want to leave- tell your partner- they probably agree with you and you can both leave rather than suffer….

Saturday: We went to breakfast at Perkins, dropped by the Home Depot to price new blinds for the living room (which BTW are 15% off till the end of the month, making them the cheapest of the places we have looked so far) and then we went to the new LL Bean. C got some sweaters and pants and I got a new pair of jeans that are lined with flannel… those puppies will keep me warm at cold shows this year….
Sunday: I cut basic soap up and got a few other small things in the shop done. Mostly I watched NASCAR all day, starting the pre-race at ll am and finishing around 7 pm with a depressing, but exciting finish (I so wanted Mark Martin to win). I started to knit a afghan for B that she asked me to make for her. It’s not that hard and should work up pretty quick and easily. The yarn is a little weird so I have to pay attention to it but that’s about it.

No comments: