9.09.2005

Vacation Destination

So barring any hurricanes, we've booked our vacation cruise for October. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to set sail. One thing that I love about taking a cruise is that after the initial decision of exactly which cruise to take, the rest is out of your hands. There are very few decisions to be made: the big ones, where you are going and when you are getting there and when you are leaving, are all made for you. Its fun just planning the minutia: what to wear, what to eat, when to take a nap, all those big important things…

So the ship is the Adventure of the Seas, it’s a Royal Caribbean ship. Destinations include Aruba, Curacao, St. Maartin, and St. Thomas. Its also pretty cool because we got a family suite, which is really two bedrooms, connected by a living room, and C's sister will be joining us for the cruise. I really like his sister, she's the type of person I'd be a friend with, even if she wasn't C's sister, so I think we'll have a lot of fun. The ship sails from Puerto Rico, so I'm sure we'll take a day or two before to visit the rest of the family as well.

I think that being in Aruba will be fun. It's the only port that the ship will be spending the night in, so I hope to get the chance to really explore and find some great local food. All the other ports we leave before dinner, so I'll only have the opportunity to find a nice lunch spot in those. I really enjoy exploring other places through their food, and since I am a huge seafood lover, being on an island tends to be one of my most favorite places to find good food.

No comments: