9.19.2005

Eagle Mills- Day 2- Weekend 1

The weather today was much better than on Saturday. Many more people came out to enjoy the festival. Overall, sales were comparable with Saturday even though there were many more people.

I think like many people, my school experience was overall, less than memorable. I keep in touch with very few people, and those I do keep in touch with tend to be people I went to school with, but not in the same graduating class, or in the same graduating class year, but not from the same school system. Now I recognize lots of people, even if I can barely remember their names. This show being so close to where I grew up, I really recognize a decent amount of people. Some come in and buy, some just walk by, some stop in and say hello. I always wonder thought, if the ones that walk by recognize me at all. I think it is funny how all the insecurities one has during school can rear their ugly heads just by being back in the same geographic location as where one grew up. I find myself wondering if I've changed so much that most people don't recognize me, or if I'm just not worth saying hello to, or what. I really find it funny that I care. I mean, I haven't seen or heard from 99% of these people in 13+ years, but when they just walk by me I feel less, just like I did in school.

So the weekends are not only full of doing the show, but they are full of introspection. I wonder what I want to happen? Do I want to show how much better off I am then them? Do I just want to feel a little included? Do I want to feel like they missed me? Or is it just because since I miss C and my friends back home so much I am blue and every little thing makes me a little bluer? And why don't I run into the isle yelling their name, trying to catch up on lost time? That one I can answer... because for most, I just don't care. And I guess that answers my question, they just don't care either. I'm OK with that. Really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hedge,
I think that it is always that way when we go back home. Mom has been working in Amsterdam and has had several people come in and ask how we are, overall I think that it is quite funny, since I don't remember half of the people and They didn't care about me back in school so why should they ask about me now.