9.01.2005

Allentown Fair- Day 2

Sales were slow again today but there was not many people attending the Fair. The weather called for some rain, that could be intense at times, and the morning even had a tornado warning. When B and I left at 10 pm, many of the vendors that are outside of the Agri-plex were already packed up and gone, and they are supposed to be there at least an hour, maybe two, longer than us. You know it's slow when the food vendors have time to come in and walk around. B did pretty well in sales though (given the weather and such), one person came back from yesterday and bought more, and another made a relatively big purchase. I also think that just collectively the nation is disheartened by what has happened due to Katrina. It is hard to go and play and escape when all you see on TV is such utter devastation.

I also think it is very hard to spend money when fuel prices are rising by the day. No one knows where this is going to end, and the fuel prices are affecting everything. I have surcharges on my products shipped to me, plastic container prices are rising, it is costing me more to go to craft shows, to pick up supplies, to drop off orders at the post office. If prices stay so high I will need to take a good look at some shows that I do that are 4 and 5 hours from the house. It could cost me almost 4 tanks of gas to get there and back, which right now is close to $180.00 bucks just in gas, lets not add in tolls! I will have to look at which shows are really worth doing on '06 if this keeps up.

No comments: