9.18.2005

Eagle Mills- Day 1- Weekend 1

The day started out rainy and grey. Mom came with me and we set up and then spent some time worrying about the weather. By the end of the day I felt like I did pretty well. It is always a goal for me to make my booth fee back the first day of a multi day show, and I made what I wanted to make. Yeah for me!

This show is one of my favorites. First, its cool because its right up the road from where I grew up, so I get to visit my mom and stay with her and my step-dad (who I nicknamed Rad, as a kid.) It also falls on the weekends that bookend her birthday, so I get to spend her birthday with her. This year we're gonna have a little spa time:) It also is at an apple cider mill. They make their own cider with one of the oldest presses still around. It is still the best tasting apple cider I've ever had. They also make some wicked good cider doughnuts and apple turnovers, and other baked goods.

This is also one of those shows that takes good care of their crafters. They have runners that take orders for food and drink all day, so you never have to leave your booth. Often the food vendors give the crafters a discount when ordered through the runners too. I think I have the best runner in the place. "A" runs around like a mad woman all day, checking at least once an hour. Last year I gave her a big bag of product as a tip at the end of the show. The first thing out of her (besides "hello") this year was how much she likes my products. It was nice to hear that. I thought that if I had given her a cash tip she would have appreciated that too, but I don't think I would have gotten additional thanks and adoration this year for it. It was a great way to start the day.

In general, although I would have liked sales to be brisker, I was happy that so many people came back to buy again and mentioned to me how they were return customers. I got to see some family and some old friends. Besides selling soap, the day really reminded me how happy I am to be me: who I am, where I am. No regrets.

No comments: