9.05.2005

Allentown Fair- Day 6

Best day of sales so far. One more day like that and I'll actually go home in the black, as long as you don't consider what has been spent on parking or food during the week. Although sales are slow, at least it's been fun. B,M, C and I all get along really well, and we spend the time joking and laughing and sharing funny stories. It funny, on the boring days I tend to each twice as much as when I'm at a busy show, where I can go all day without food sometimes. I've tried the turkey dinner, the sweet potato fries, fired vegetables, lots of ice cream, and a couple of burgers and hot dogs. Some of the food is really, really good, like the chicken dinners, but a lot of it is mediocre at best.

Last night we were commenting on how so much of the local press coverage of the event has been negative. How bad the nightly shows are and how you'll get robbed by playing the games of chance. They've liked Allen Jackson's performance, and given multiple articles to the local magician who made a cow disappear and then reappear a few days later (4 full articles to be exact). But you'd think that will all the bad things happening in the US right now, they could find a few human-interest stories amongst the entire fair. They have a few, the 4-H stands out as a great thing to applaud, but I haven't seen much else. Once again I am sad to see how the Morning Call supports its local fairs and festivals.

But its just one more day left…

No comments: