7.04.2005

Week 25 Accomplishments

Monday: Made 2 batches of Ginger-Lime and 8 (16 lb) batches of basic, unscented soap. C stopped at my supplier on his way home from the airport (I missed the Miami trip because of dad) and picked up 2 containers of cocoa butter. I'm bummed, the price shot up almost 20% since last time I bought some, but is still cheaper than anyplace else I can buy it on line.

Tuesday: Went to DMV. See my driver's license is expired, it expired on my birthday, and when I went to finally change it to a PA license (I only moved from FL 4 years ago), I learned it's suspended as well. Since '03! And I've been in 2 car accidents since then, and not one cop ever told me! Well I've learned it is because the state of Florida thinks I let my insurance lapse (which I didn't) so now I have to straighten that mess out. This means I'll loose at least one more day to the DMV this month…In the afternoon I went to Ikea with B. It was her first time there and she has lost of ideas now, how to redo a bedroom, her crafting space, and a kitchen.. the funny thing is that her and her husband want a new house, so although the trip made her really want to redo a kitchen, its just not the one she currently lives with. The idea just makes me chuckle, because I am the same way, since we rent our house I always want to do things "when we get a house", but walk through there spouting ideas that I would do "if we owned it" anyway…

Wednesday: 2 batched Ginger-Lime, 1 batch Lilac. Went to Home depot, then went and picked up my incorrect contact prescription. Dad helped me break up the two containers of cocoa butter into manageable sizes (he's much better at it than me) and I put together some shelves that I bought yesterday at Ikea.

Thursday: Made 3 batched of Lilac, 150 Bug Off! Lotion Bars, and milled 5 buckets of soap.

Friday: More errands: mailed orders, bank, got the correct contact prescription. Made 2 batches of Lilac and 125 Lavender lotion bars.

Saturday: Migraine day… managed to get through Home Depot and got almost everything we need to make up three new racks for me to cure soap on. (need a few more screws). Came home, took a nap, went to Red Robin for dinner, and then tried to watch the Pepsi 400, which started after my bed time because of the rain. Would have been disappointed cuz Martin wrecked anyway.

Sunday: Two batches of Pomegranate soap, 115 Patchouli lotion bars. KFC for dinner. Dad put together some of my racks, C rearranged the kitchen so I can stop getting my spices out of a cardboard box, and stated putting together a drawer to hold lip balms. Its C's turn for a headache, and he naps most of the afternoon, as does Dad, just trying to get away from the pain he can no longer ignore…

No comments: