7.25.2005

Blueberry Festival- Day 2

All in all the show showed a marked decrease in sales overall. The crowds on Sunday were strong, almost stronger than Saturday, but I felt less of them were making purchases. The place also was pretty empty by 5 pm even though the festival runs till 7 pm.

When I run through my totals and compare to last year, I did sell less of everything, but except for lotion bars, not one thing was down in sales by a considerable amount. It was just an across the board decrease in sales. I also noticed in Sunday that "The Usual Suspects" didn't come by at all. There is a group of about 6 women or so that seem to turn up at every festival I do in the area, all year long. Even if they don't make a purchase they always come by to say hello, sniff the new fragrances and just catch up on small talk. I saw none of them this show, and I know they all stopped by last year. So I really think the construction and the schedule move really changed some people's plans.

There was another soap maker there this year (who only made soap, no toiletries), but I only sold 10 bars less than last year, even though total show sales were down almost 50%. So the good news was that they had really no impact on individual soap sales. I have always had a gut feeling that competition makes little impact, and in this case I was right.

So best sellers were:
Soap: Lavender
Bath Salts: Rejuvenation
Lotion Bars: Bug Off!
Lip Balm: Coconut Lemongrass
Bath Fizzys: Lavender

No comments: