5.31.2005

Mayfair Festival of the Arts

Best Sellers:
Soap: Rejuvenation
Bath Salts: Peppermint Foot Soak & Wisdom
Bath Fizzys: Rejuvenation
Lotion Bars: Bug Off!
Lip Balm: Coconut-Lemongrass

This was my first year at Mayfair Festival of the Arts and it is a wonderful show. Not only were sales brisk, but I got to see some old friends, and make some new ones.

Thursday was slow sales wise, which I expected. But set up was on Wednesday, so it was a breeze to just come into the booth and set up inventory on the displays. The weather wasn't too bad, a little cold for me, but nothing that would deter a crowd. I traded some soap for a great hand beaded necklace. I wish I remembered to pick up her card….

Friday was much nicer out, sales were still lower than I had hoped, but I at least made my expenses back, so even if I didn't make one more sale for the next three days, at least I wouldn't be loosing money.

Saturday was beautiful, until the rain. I had worn shorts and my regular shoes (instead of my rainy day shoes) so of course it was going to rain. C brought over sweat pants later in the day so I warmed up. During the rain storm a tiny little dragonfly came in and landed on one of the displays. I thought it had had a tiny little heart attack. So when I went to brush him off the display, I was amazed when he just flew way, happy to have had the rest I guess!

Sunday: Sales were brisk and steady all day. Now this is what I was hoping for. With sales exceeding expectations, I was happy and cheerful, but too busy to do any of the homework that I have piling up. I did have time to get to know my neighbors better and they are wonderful people. By the end of the show we went home with a new picture for dad and a few new pots as well. You can see the photos at Alex Pietersen(#93007). We got a fountain so the girls (cats) could drink out of it. We had gotten them a plastic water fountain some time ago, but since in the new house it needs to go in the dining room, we wanted something that looked a little spiffier. Unfortunately, JV doesn't have a web site of her work.

Monday: Slow again, but not too bad. Mostly because of the holiday, most people are home cooking out, not at a festival. It was great that we could pull the cars in next to our booths and tear down was a breeze. I dubbed this day "No, I label them just to confuse you" day, as I think everyone who came in picked up something, smelled it and proclaimed "Wow, that really does smell like _____". Since I have every fragrance neatly labeled, I am always a little taken back by this remark. What should I say? "Thank you" doesn't seem right, but everything else that runs through my head seems real smart-alecky. I want to say "No, I just label them to confuse you", but I know its just my tiredness talking, and that is the completely WRONG thing to say in this situation. I just have no clue what is right. Made one more purchase, a Foo Dragon plaque for the kitchen. You can see the work at Coover Porcelain . Real great dragon and lizard and whimsical stuff.

Well, that's it. I've updated the Fragrance of the Month suggestions and have no new additions to the "bad show" list- since it was a good show. At last, at last!

No comments: