5.16.2005

Week 18 Accomplishements

This week is all about me (and so will next week), you think I have a business or something; I am so involved in getting this house up and going.

Mon: C is home today, so many things get done while I am driving home from the Tulip Festival in NY. I get home and a few hours later the inspector comes, C walks him through and Voila! We pass. No more ulcers about having to move again because we don’t get a certificate of occupancy because of a window screen missing, or a window lock that doesn't work. I unpack from the trip; check my e-mail and a few other miscellaneous things. C and I go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. Good steaks, great loaded baked potato (with Carmel and marshmallows), and of course good company. I have this monstrous margarita but its so weak I don't even get giddy. But it tasted good! We get home and C gives me my presents (that are highlighted in another post)

Tue: It's my birthday! C leaves for PR again this morning, not the best way to start a birthday, but certainly better than starting it alone, which was the other option. I get up and go down to Mainline to pick up what I haven's sold at the show. Boxes are heavier than I wanted them to be, that's depressing. Drive up to the cable company and drop the cable box from the old house, drive to the old house and pick up some stiff- mostly the drying racks and shelving from my soaping closet, along with a few last pictures and some other miscellaneous things. (Almost done, really!). When I get back to the house the phone keeps ringing and I just have time for a shower before going to dinner at my friends B & M. B has made me a birthday dinner, a Hungarian dish that I just love but can't spell. It was my first time having it and I had trouble saving leftovers for C. I even got a made from scratch cake with 31 candles. It looked like a forest fire up there! But I have to admit, when I got home I cried a little. B & M are such wonderful people; it's like having a big sister & brother. They really made the day special. I even tear up now…

Wed: Homework day! Its finals so I spend my day catching up on work and doing my final projects. I have another two classes that start tomorrow, so I read up on what is expected in them as well. Its gonna be a long 6 weeks till summer…I take some time to arrange my office some, now I can at least find a pen and paper. Besides that I chill and relax, after all yesterday was my birthday…

Thurs: In the morning I go to a landscapers and learn what I need to do to get my front lawn and landscaping to be something other than so tall I can park cars in the front lawn and no one would notice them. I pick out some plants I want in the front and figure out what I need to do to get rid of the weeds that have over taken the front lawn. I am overwhelmed. The back yard stands waist high with weeds in some parts, and I have a few plants that are so overgrown that I am afraid something may be living under them. This is going to be a long summer…

Friday: C comes home in the evening so I spend the day doing laundry, vacuuming, and generally unpacking stuff that is still in boxes. Need to make it look like I did something this week.

Sat: We bring my truck in to be inspected. It does need breaks, so I get those done too. Go to Lowes to get some stuff for gardening: peat moss, seed, weed & feed, a shovel, rake, and "the claw", well there goes the first $150 in gardening for the year…Also go to Target for a new kitchen trash bin, a bike rack for the basement, and shoe racks for the closet. When we get back we put the new shelves in the armoire and in the closet. It finally looks like we have enough room for all of our stuff. Whew, that was close. Now where are we gonna put the winter jackets… glad we have an attic.

Sun: Finally finish cleaning out the old house. Had one last trip and a little cleaning up to do. Went to storage and picked up my shelving units. Came home and put together the shelves, and the drying racks and put them in my new soap room. Now I know exactly what I need to get to finish shelving the room. I'm psyched. I'll probably drive down this week to Ikea and get them so I can be good to go in June. Need to get oils too to make soap with; I'll probably do it both the same day…

No comments: