5.05.2005

Week 17 Accomplishements

Monday:
C Left for a business trip early in the morning and I got up and started doing homework. That lasted for about an hour or two before I gave up, going back to bed, and sleeping till 7. Went and set up at the Mainline Arts Center and picked out way too many things that I want to buy from other artists. Such a talented group of people! On the way, a Jeep kicked up a rock and Blam! a cracked windshield. Got home and did some homework, then went to bed. I slept soundly given it was the first night in the new house alone. I think just being really, really tired can have its advantages.

Tuesday:
The electrician came to do the final electrical inspection. We passed! Just one more to go and I can finally have all these strangers out of my house for good, I so can't wait! Also did laundry, more homework, went to the bank, the post office, and Ikea, before going back to the Mainline for the opening reception of the craft show. I bought a key chain, that I promptly lost about 48 hours later, some pottery, a few tiles, and a sushi set complete with chop sticks. I had a few other things on my list, but my wallet was a little thin, so I decided to wait till the fall show for a few other things.

Wednesday:
More laundry. Realized garbage pickup is on Tuesdays- only after I drug the cans to the end of the driveway, left to run errands, noticed they were still there and full, and went into the house to call and complain. Good thing I checked my notes before calling or I would have sounded like such a dumbass. Went and bought groceries, cat litter and cat food. Coaxed the cats into using the cat litter pan even though I had moved it into the basement and I have three chickens**t cats who seemed afraid to go down there. In case you wonder- I appealed to them with food to get them to come downstairs, it’s an approach that always works with them. Got a new PO Box (then forgot to put it on my flyers for my next show anyway) and got my newly cracked windshield fixed. Also brought all the empty cardboard boxes to the recycling center got my nifty green recycling boxes and finally rinsed out three cases of empty coke cans sitting on my kitchen counter. (Oh the joys of moving!) Oh, and I found some time to unpack today.

Thursday:
Stopped and bought one of those plastic things that goes under your chair in order to help it roll well. Went to the old house and almost finished packing everything. I think it will only take one more day. Went to the new house, unpacked the truck, and then repacked it with display in inventory for the Tulip Festival this weekend. Stopped at the drycleaner and picked up the drapes I dropped off a month ago, and printed flyers (yes with the old address still) to bring to the show. And here I am, updating my blog, and hoping that it makes you as tired to read as I am as I sit here and type… sorry, but its true…
As for tomorrow and the weekend- I have to drive to Albany and set up for the Tulip Festival tomorrow, do the show Sat & Sun, and drive home Mon. C will be home tomorrow afternoon- we'll just miss each other. Hopefully he'll get more done around the house this weekend than I got done this week. I'll have a show report on Monday. Wish me luck!

No comments: