5.02.2005

Peddler's Village Strawberry Festival Show Report

Peddler’s Village Strawberry Festival Show Report

First, I had made a silent promise to myself that if the opportunity arose to be able to set up early for a show this year that I was going to take that opportunity every chance I got. Well, I had the opportunity, and I didn’t take it. Instead of setting up on Friday evening, when it was warm and dry, I set up on Saturday, in the cold and rain. I drove straight from the new house to the show, so of course I got a little lost on the way, but that worked out OK. C drove his car to storage to pick up the Rubbermaid container that contains the tent stakes and such and then met me at the show. Since it was rainy and windy, we had to make sure the tent was down good, but I had forgotten to pack the tent stakes… lucky the show is only about an hour away. I had the tent set up and the truck unloaded by the time he arrived, and then we just got everything else ready.

Saturday was a washout- it rained all day. I didn’t do badly on sales- well I did bad compared to previous shows there, but not bad for the rain. Sunday started off wet, but ended up being a really nice day, just a little breezy. At the end of the day my friend D stopped by and helped me tear down the booth and get it loaded into the truck. That was a great surprise, I love help like that! Sales on Sunday were better than Saturday, but not up to par with past shows. Bummer…

Best sellers for the show were:
Soap: Rejuvenation
Bath Salts: Lavender
Bath Fizzy: Black Cherry
Lotion Bars: Lavender
Lip Balm: Coconut Lemongrass

Stupid Quote for the Day: (while picking up a clearly marked lotion bar) “Lotion Bar, you like put this on your skin, right?” Now to explain, its not the fact that the customer wasn’t sure what a Lotion Bar was, that happens a lot, however, its more the fact that its labeled LOTION and is in a soap & toiletries booth, that makes the “on the skin” part so puzzling to me.

No comments: