12.30.2011

Back on the wagon- Couch to 5K running plan

So it has been about 8 weeks since I last ran. the October snowfall and cold spell stopped me early this year and then when i could go back, I was so caught up in getting ready for the Christmas season that I just didn't make the time.

But for the next few weeks I am visiting C's family in Puerto Rico so I promised myself to take advantage of the warm weather and get back to running.

Oh how much I lost in 8 weeks..

So last I ran I was on Day 1 of week 5...Now I am back on week 3 and struggling to run 3 minutes straight. I know some of it is that I lost stamina, I haven't been taking the best care of myself and i put weight back on and didn't sleep or eat right for two months. But i am ashamed at how much I had to backtrack.

Today was my third try at the workout and I still can't make it the 3 minutes. I will try again Sunday. I also know that the heat and humidity is making it harder for me. All I can do is keep trying. I hope that before I go back home I can be on week 4 and then if it is nice enough out I can keep going from there. I have 11 more days to try.. that is all I can do, try...

wish me luck.

No comments: