12.10.2011

Christkindlmarkt 2011: Day 13

Today I had to leave a very sick kitty home alone. It made me sad and I cried most of the morning. She wasn't with us when we all returned home, and the vet came to take her from us so she could be cremated. I am glad that I decided to stay home on Thursday rather than go out with friends, it gave me one last night with my fur baby.

This is the time of the year where it is hard to have a real life, to balance personal with professional. We leave the house at 9 am to go to the show and return home at 9 pm. That gives us 12 hours for sleep, packing inventory, sending out orders, eating breakfast, taking showers, and well...trying to be human to the rest of the family and our friends. I wish everyone understood what all people in retail give up so that they can enjoy their shopping experiences. There should be a national "be nice to your retail associate day".

Sales were ok, not terrific, but OK. But more importantly was my customers. I met a mom who is a fizzy fan and looks for them every year under her tree, my friends the young newly wed couple who just came by to say hello, and about a dozen other repeat customers who consistently plastered a smile onto my face. I wasn't sad all day, I couldn't be surrounded by the love I felt. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Well, today is the big day, bet Saturday for the show (usually) lets see what happens!

No comments: