3.01.2012

March 1, 2012.. Where did the year go already???

I can't believe that it is already March! 2012 is just flying by. I literally have had getting a blog post up as a thing "to do" since Jan 1, but it just keeps falling off the list as other more important things some screaming to the surface.

Just a quick 8 week update... I made a trip with C to Puerto Rico to visit family. I was back for a few days (10) and began to get sick about 6 days into my stay at home. Still sick but expecting a full and speedy recovery I took a road trip with my BFF and we drove to Arizona and back so she could attend the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show. That was about 14 days.

Still sick after my return, I convalesced for a few days, and then had a week to be home and make inventory. I started feeling better but still had a horrible cough and sniffles. Off again, I visited a friend in Delaware where I learned most likely I was the proud owner of a case of Whooping Cough. But it was too late to take anything for anything but the sniffles and cough, it would have to run it's course.

So it has been a week since my return, and I am finally, finally feeling better. The medicine I had been taking dried out my sniffles and the cough has subsided. I even have been able to get on my exercise bike for a bout a half hour a day.

Somewhere in this whole mess, Dad and I have kept the shop going. I have implemented a new web site, made the new soaps for this year, reinvented my bath soaks, made a myriad of special orders, and planned out a few new surprise new products (if they make it through the final development stage without issues).

Oh, we also have been adding vending dates, I started up on Twitter (@ANASoaps) and I think the new web site is paying off because orders are up and sales are strong.

We still have really far to go: we need to get inventory up to minimum levels in everything, soaps, lip balms, lotions, you name it, we are running out... I have three stores to get inventory up to par in, and need photos up on the web site as soon as possible.

But now that I have caught you all up I promise to stay up on this blog and let you all know what is going on every few days.

Thanks for listening!

No comments: