12.03.2011

Christkindlmarkt 2011: Day 8

Thursday December 1 Day 8

There isn't much to say about today. Sales were slow, I was cold, and I a tired of my fellow artisans being cranky. It is what it is... We are scheduled for the time we are here, nothing we can do will change things, other than putting on put festive clothes, our biggest smiles, and start oozing holiday cheer.

I remember why I dislike working in a corporate situation...too much drama, too much whining. I like fast paced shows where I come in, work hard, and go home to my family and friends. And this just hasn't been as fast paced as previous years.

Fast paced isn't all about sales, it's about people and having interest and about having people present and engaged. There are days all I do is answer questions, explain my process, and encourage sniffing, yet make minimal sales, but those days are fun and go by fast.

I wish I could see real demographic information about this show, especially comparing the last few years. This year seems to be skewing older and less local. But maybe that is just my gut feeling about it based on who does come in my booth and buys.

But I got lots of work done and things accomplished, and that is never a bad day.

No comments: