5.02.2006

April 24-30- Week 17

This past week was great.

It started on Monday as I called our realtor to make an appointment to see the house we saw on Sunday again. I also sent in some show applications and did some other catch up paperwork.

On Tuesday she called and could bring us over later that night and we spent well over an hour going through and looking at everything that we feel is important in a house. We compared this with the notes we took on Sunday and our conversations at lunch after we saw the house on Sunday. I also had my ultrasound earlier that morning and was told that there was nothing “I should loose sleep over”- whew!

Wednesday morning C came up with a few questions about the house- questions whose answers could be deal breakers- and I called to get the information. I also had a great UWBW meeting with B- at the end we went over to a local book sale and cleaned the place out- I got a great old Polish cookbook- it will be fun taking recipes out of that one.

Thursday we decided we were going to put a bid in on the house. We have been very analytical about it (although I am getting more and more excited as time progresses). They are asking for x dollars- we are offering x dollars- and if we can come in someplace in between we will be happy to buy the house- if they don’t budge- well then we will have to really think hard about it- the house is great- but I want a deal! I also spent the day with my friend A. We had an awesome time knitting and chatting and having a great lunch. She taught me some great tricks and I have been working on a sweater ever since (my first sweater!!!).

Friday I got up and ran errands and went to the doctor in the afternoon. She thinks my stomach problems have to do with an over abundance of acid and acid reflux- so 6 more weeks of Nexium and an improved diet, and stress relief are the prescription. I do feel better though and can’t believe that it is something as simple as acid reflux. My dad called and told me he was going to be in town the next day so I called the realtor and made an appointment to see the house again. C and I wanted to see it again anyway to make a final decision, and it was great that my dad happened to get to see it too.

Saturday: We got to see the house again and we decided that it was really what we wanted and that it would work great for us. My dad got to see it too. He really liked it and what great shape it is in. The rest of the day was spend hanging out with him and watching movies etc.. nice and relaxing, just what the doctor ordered!

Sunday: We got up and brought dad to breakfast at this place that we pass all the time but have never stopped at. It was a great breakfast. In the afternoon C and he went and ran errands- recycling, Home Depot, Lowes, etc and I went with B and played basket bingo. I didn’t win anything- bummer! Later that evening C and M came and met us and the four of us went to dinner to celebrate B’s birthday. It was only a week late- but our schedules has been so busy this was the first chance we got to go out!

No comments: