4.25.2006

April 17-23- Week 16

This week was pretty lame in many respects, but pretty cool in others. Isn’t that the way it always goes? My health issues have been partially rectified by taking this monster dose of Nexium each day, but I feel like an onion. The Nexium has relieved symptoms, only to reveal others that have been masked by the others. By no means do I feel as though I have found the solution to my problems, but I have found a way to be able to live with them longer. Most of my day to day physical back and shoulder pain is gone, I seem to be metabolizing food better- I am less hungry and grouchy when I don’t eat, and I have been able to sleep through the night almost every day this week which has left me less tired.

Monday started with all the usual but I went and met my cousin, B, for lunch and some retail therapy. It was really great to get to spend some time with her alone- I don’t think we’ve really done that since we were kids, and to have it be on such a nice clear spring day was invigorating. We swapped some stories- about my stomach issues, and her issues, which shed some light on what might be going on with me. I also sent in my taxes on Monday- I promised that this will be the last year that I do my own taxes- next year I will get an accountant. I’ve been pretty good at keeping tabs on my purchases, etc so far this year I’m only 1 month behind) and I think if I keep it up it will be easy for someone to take it from me and fill those darn things out.

Tuesday: I put together a basket for MLAC’s silent auction and C dropped it off to them in the early afternoon. We decided to take the evening and go to AC for the night. We had a really nice meal and came out a whole $20 richer (if you don’t count the meal…).

Wednesday I had a dentist appointment- I need to floss- what a surprise. Do Dentists ever say that you need to floss less?? I doubt it. And then I ran some shopping errands- Target, AC Moore, etc- really it was just to do some thing until my Dentist Apt, and then I could pick up C from work and go home.

Thursday: My appointment for my ultrasound was cancelled- the machine was broke- so that is now next week on Tuesday. I made soap, paid my sales tax for PA and NJ, and packed for Saturdays show.

Friday: I printed flyers, ran my usual set of errands, packed the van for the show and worked on some homework.

Saturday: It rained. It rained hard. I’m tired...I’m tired of going to a show in the rain and having to come home soaked, having to re-cure soaps that have gotten damp from the humidity, tired of being cold and miserable all day while few people come by and those who do are pretty miserable too. I don’t mind (I don’t like, but I don’t mind) a light drizzle, a shower, a mist, a sprinkle, but the downpour we had was too much. I didn’t get out of bed, I didn’t go to the show, I didn’t set up, or tear down, or make any sales. I looked at weather.com and intellicast.com- and the radar was green- dark green- over the whole area- but watch- when I see some of the same vendors in a week they will tell me that there was blue sky over Bloomsburg all day, and people came with packed wallets and left with empty ones- and all I had gotten from Saturday is a good nights sleep and a clean house…..

Sunday we went house hunting. We think we found one we like in Emmaus. We are going to try and see it again if it hasn’t been snatched up from under us. This may )or may not) be the one…..

No comments: