5.30.2006

May 29- Mayfair Festival Of the Arts- Day 4

Between the fact that it was Memorial Day and everyone would rather be sitting at a BBQ and drinking a beer, and the fact that it was well over 90 degrees out, so being near a pool or in the air conditioning is the only other option, sales and attendance were both pretty bad.

The crafters consensus is that this show needs some serious help, and that it will take more than a year to bring it back to its past splendor, although it can be done. The show is not that far gone, it just needs a little love. I hope that they even have it next year to have the chance of bringing it back.

I had the perfect soaper come into the booth. He was with his wife, introduced himself right off the bat as a soaper and we talked about using one oil versus another- but not one question about my recipe itself, or what my fragrances blends are, etc… I had a wonderful conversation, and to boot he bought 3 bars of soap to try at home! After my tirade of a few weeks ago, I am glad that I was shown that there are till people out there with integrity- that want to lean from you and teach you too – that know how to carry on a conversation without giving out, or asking for, the world. It was a breath of fresh air. I really enjoyed his visit.

Best Sellers:
Soap: Egyptian Cotton and Wisdom (tie)
Bath Fizzy: Rejuvenation
Salt: Love
Lotion Bar: Love
Lip Balm: Watermelon

No comments: