5.28.2006

May 27- Mayfair Festival Of the Arts- Day 2

Day two was unexpectedly uneventful. There was no rain, no surprises, no excitement. It is amazing that I can sum up the entire 9 hour day in just a few sentences. Sales are in the toilet. The overall quality of arts is way down. This used to be an arts show- fine arts- painters, jewelry artists, clay artists, photographers, etc… now we have ducks on a stick, and magnetic frames, and stuff not handcrafted at all. Last year the quality was so good, I felt lucky that I could be in the garden section with my soaps. This year I feel that I am someplace I don’t belong- that I am much more of an artisan than many that are in the “artists” market. Another prime example of wanting/needing money over keeping the integrity of a show intact.

No comments: