5.15.2006

May 8-14 Week 19

Overall this week was busy beyond belief. I was at the Main Line Art Center just about every day. I really hate the drive down there, but I really learned a lot. If B and I ever get our boutique idea off the ground and running, what I have learned this week about running a show has been pretty invaluable. It is hard work, but it isn’t brain surgery either. But we sure need a computer or cash register if we do this- because doing it all by hand sux!

Monday I got up with C about 3 am and saw him off as he went to the airport to leave foe Mexico again. I went downstairs and finished up packing and labeling things for the Main Line show. As usual I stressed about what to bring and how much I did or didn’t have of everything and didn’t sell as much as I thought I would of many of the things that I stressed about. I blogged and paid bills before I left and sent photos to a local paper that is supposed to have an article about me soon since I have a demo coming up at a local store. I also made the appointment for the home inspection! Whoo Hoo! One step closer to getting the heck out of here and into a nice place to live.

Tuesday was a long day at MLAC. I went to the bank and did homework in the morning, sent out some orders and mailed some stuff for my dad. It was opening night of the show and the reception is always nuts. Typically I am the official wrapper, but this time I wrote up sales slips. Brisk but not unmanageable.

Wednesday was my birthday. C had presents waiting for me to open in the morning and B made me dinner at night. It was a great day in those respects for sure. It was also the last day of classes and the first day I could download info on my new ones. My next two classes are full of work, but not overly difficult, just time consuming, and with shows and a move, well, time is something that I am lacking the next 6 weeks, so this will be interesting to get through. Lots of writing. I think I’ll be taking a few days a week to just catch up and get ahead for the next week. I also think since I won’t be making soap between now and the move (too hard to move uncured soap) it will be OK, but still hard to time manage.

Thursday C came home from Mexico and by the time all the flight delays happened he was home just before midnight. I felt bad because I was asleep and dead to the world when he got home. All I could do was say hello and transfer myself from the couch to bed. I did a bunch of paperwork in the morning before going to MLAC- registering for a few classes/seminars, tax paperwork, show information, sending postcards for the demo, etc…

Friday was supposed to be my day off but by the time I got done running errands, packing the truck for a show, doing homework, and trying to catch up on laundry I was beat and it was dinnertime.

Saturday I was supposed to be at a show at Haverford Friends School but I got down there, found my spot, left to get some food, and then never got back to the show in time to set up. What a fiasco and story that was. I need to blog about that separate at a later time. I just hope that they don’t hate me.
Sunday was my last day at Main Line. The show closed and we closed out the artists and started cleaning the gallery. I did OK sales wise; I think that I sold about $25 more than I did in the spring last year. The show is not great for me in the spring compared to fall and I don’t know if I am going to do it again next year. I am also thinking of new ways to present my soaps. I don’t think the organza bags are catching people’s eyes in my current display and I need to think about my options before fall….hummmmm

No comments: