5.26.2012

Mayfair Festival of the Arts Day 2

I am just going to preface this with...OMG I am sooo tired! I think the rain takes it out of me. I just sit with wet feet all day and the bone chill I come home with makes me so sore the next day.

So the day started out slow. The cool thing was that we were not supposed to drive in after 9 am, but with all the rain the night before we were happy to be able to drive right to the spot to unload a few things when we arrived. I also then parked close to my side of the park, a little off of Ott Street. It made the walk to the car 100% shorter, and 1000% cleaner at the end of the night. Look mom, no muddy feet!

Sales in the afternoon were almost unbearably slow. I found myself futzing around, not even knitting. Just snacking, visiting with my neighbors, really anything but getting work done. Then the rain came. I was watching this miniscule blip com towards Allentown on the radar. It was a seriously tiny, tiny blip. It had a little orange and red in it, but it was so small I expected it to pass through quickly. I guess the lack of wind did not allow that to happen. Instead, this blip of a storm hovered over Mayfair for an hour or so. It rained hard, but I could see the sun shining, and the water was coming pretty much straight down the whole time. I thought it might be the end of the show, that we wouldn't see another soul the rest of the day.

But people came out. I actually sold product to a member of the Boys Like Girls band. He was a nice young man, but I don't know how he lives with a group of girls following him around the whole time. They were all obviously too young for him. But he tolerated them without being mean, and I would actually say he was charming given the situation, but I could tell he would just like nothing more then to walk around for a bit without an entourage. So I payed attention and caught his first name, then after he was gone had to Google the bands playing this night so I could figure out which band and who he was. I felt really, really old not to know this of the top of my head. I hope he likes his soap:)

The rest of the night things picked up some and I was happy with the day's sales given the weather and the afternoon attendance. I am still not sold on my space location. Not sure if it really does get more traffic, although that may change today, I have heard rumors that the mud may close a few entrances, but who knows if that will really happen or not.

Well, it is Saturday and this show should really pick up toady. Let's hope for a warm, sunny, dry day. I hope to see you all!

No comments: