11.07.2011

St. Lukes Craft Show and Peddler's Village Apple Festival

This weekend Dad went to the St. Luke's Craft Show and Health Fair. This year they broke the show into two days- the usual Saturday show for the regular price, plus, a Friday "preview day" for an additional cost. The Friday only had a small number of spaces available, and you had to move your display at the end of the day to the location it would be in on Saturday. So it was kinda like doing two different one day shows, only within walking distance of one another.

Friday Dad did great. I was very surprised at his sales and I think it was because his location brought in many employees and patients as well. Saturday was terrible. According to Dad it wasn't just him, it was mostly everyone who was down in sales. So when you added the two days together I made $13 less than last year in one day (and paid a higher fee to be there too). But I look at the bright side, we were one of the few who had the opportunity to vend on Friday, so I feel as though the weekend could have been much worse had we just decided to do Saturday.

On a related note, I do think last weekends storm kept people from the buying mood. May people lost their whole refrigerators and freezers full of food, many had property damage, and other storm related expenses. The storm and it's impact was the topic of conversation, and I think it left many people short on extra cash this weekend.

Now the Apple Festival at Peddler's Village was really great for me this year. For some other people- not so much. But I was up over %30 from last year.

The weather during the days was beautiful. It was in the mid 50's. But let me tell you, setting up in the morning when it is a finger numbing 25 degrees out is just awful. Luckily there is a set up time available on Friday afternoons, so I just need to remember to take advantage of that in the future. It was also quite chilly once the sun started to set so our mini propane heater certainly came in handy. One other thing- pack up fact on Sunday or you will be packing by car headlight- it gets dark very fast. If I don't start cleaning up before the end of the show there is on way I would be able to get out of there while I could still see without a flashlight.

So that was my weekend- next stop for me is Chriskindlmarkt!

No comments: