11.19.2011

Christkindlmarkt 2011: Day 1

Day 1- Thursday November 17. Now I wait for customers. Everyone is set up and ready to sell sell sell. There is a pervasive disappointment in the tent. Once agin, people dislike change, and put enough vendors together with nothing to distract them ( ie customers) and you get a gripe fest.


A shop vac was brought so people could vac the water out of their carpets. I decided to just let mine go, it wasn't soaking wet and I didn't feel like getting on my hands and knees to do it right.


For me I have this odd perception that the show is actually smaller than last year. It may because the show is wider with an extra row, or because the entertainment doesn't break up the vendors the same way, or because it seems there are tons of 15 and 20 foot booths rather than the typical 10 footers. But my perception is that the show is smaller with less vendors rather than bigger like they have been saying it would be. Going to pull out last years floor plan and check things out.


And can I just say there are no real bathrooms close by and the port-o-let's are so far away for me. It is going to be a cold month of long walks to do my business.


And the music is farther away from me but louder because I am no longer behind the speakers.... Fun....


Sales have been sporadic but overall better than I had expected, but not as good as I had hoped. It is getting quite cold in here, especially my feet. I am very glad I have a foot warmer and leg warmers I can put on. It certainly gets and stays warmer the more people who are in here and having customers keeps me moving and makes me warmer.


Glad the day came to an end. Tired and falling into bed for sure
Only 18 days to go...

No comments: