5.01.2007

April 23-29, 2007 Week 17

Things are really ramping up around here. I have a big push of shows in the end of April/ May and then a lull, and then chaos August-December. This week really was the start of the push. You know that time when you look back at all you have done and accomplished over the last few months, and then sit sobbing, realizing that 1) it wasn’t enough, 2) for all your planning you have so much to cram into the next few weeks, and 3) you should have done things so, so different…..hindsight is 20/20 and I can only hope to learn from my mistakes…

Monday: The new blinds came… they were wrong. We suspected that at least one would be wrong, but there were at least 4 glaring mistakes (mostly size) that was just wrong. I can safely say, don’t buy blinds from Lowe’s. I mean, they ordered new ones and they are on their way, but the whole process has been one pain after another….I also made samplers, got groceries, went to Home Depot for a few things, PetCo for cat stuff, the drycleaner, paid bills, and checked the chems in the hot tub…

Tuesday: Made soap, blogged, stained and painted some new displays so the look nice and integral with the rest of my display, did dishes, printed out directions to the show, took out the garbage, and put cured soap away where it belongs..

Wednesday: B and I went to the book sale in the morning and then for lunch. After that we went to the fabric store where she bought an awesome display that she will use in her workshop. I also cleaned my crocks from the day before, cut and milled soap, cut finished soap into bars to cure, started dinner in the slow cooker, stopped at the post office, clean soap molds, and cut fabric for my display…. By 6 pm I had one of the worst migraines I have had in quite a while. The type that hurt so much you want to cry, but crying just makes them hurt more…The stress is catching up…..

Thursday: I still had remnants of my migraine so I didn’t do too much. I printed and folded flyers for the show, packed my cash register and my knitting for the show, cut some soap into bars for curing, labeled bags for the show, and went through the “grey tub”- this is a Rubbermaid container I bring to every show that I keep stocked with everything from pens, to tape, to my signs, as well as aspirin, and toilet paper… hey you never know…It always seems that at the end of my last show everything gets shoved into this box, so I needed to go through it and stock it with the things I really needed…

Friday: I spent part of the day at MLAC setting up the show with the rest of the committee. I made a detailed to do list for the next few weeks, because sometimes just getting it down on paper makes me stress so much less, I used a coupon for my local yarn shop and bought some yarn for washcloths, I ended up with a free skein because of the coupon, and I couldn’t let that go to waste. I also called a show promoter about the fact that I would like to switch what show I am doing with them, I have called twice but have not heard back, so at this rate I am not doing any show with them and will not apply again with them. I hate places that cannot return phone calls!!!

Saturday: Bloomsburg Renaissance Jamboree and dinner with B& M. The show was bad, the dinner was great (but long). More on the show in another post, but dinner was at the Powerhouse Eatery in White Haven PA. It is a cool old building (a powerhouse) that has been renovated into a groovy restaurant. The prices are a little steep, but the food is good and the company was better. The service was a little slow, it took us well over 2 hours to eat and we skipped dessert. On a non show day it would have been fine, but we were all tired and sore and well, tired…

Sunday: Spent a good part of the day at MLAC checking in artists. It didn’t take as long as I thought it would. I got to catch the end of the NASCAR race, which I fell asleep just in time to miss Jeff Gordon win.

No comments: