5.14.2007

May 7-13, 2007 Week 19

This week was a little frustrating. I often get a little blue around my birthday, not really because I am depressed about getting older, but because I look at it as a mark of time passing in other ways. My birthday is close to the half way point in the year, it take note of the things that I wanted to do that I haven’t done, things that I started but haven’t finished and things that I have wanted to change but haven’t. When it comes to the business, my birthday coincides with the first few weeks of show season. These two things make me very aware of things for the business that are left unfinished, and the stress of exactly what I have to get done and how little time I have left to get it done in. It also marks the true beginning of good weather and I am keenly aware of how much I would rather be outside than inside and how many things I have inside to do that are keeping me there.

Monday: The day started with the check out of Main Line. The morning went well and I was out of there a little after noon. I ran up to BJ’s and got some food and some supplies and then picked J up at the airport. Once I got back I got together stuff for a barter that I took part in, I blogged, and J and I cleaned up my inventory from MLAC- got it put away and inventoried.

Tuesday: I paid bills, checked the hot tub chems, brought out the garbage, and went to the grocery store. J and I made over 600 bath fizzys and then she made lasagna for dinner.

Wednesday: We wrapped fizzys and then made over 400 more for a total of 1085. I also got a batch of soap on a rope done and finned some sachet bags. We went for Japanese for dinner, because C was out for dinner with colleagues.

Thursday: We got the final fizzys wrapped, made another batch of soap on a rope, cleaned up the shop and finished the day knitting. Since it was my birthday we all went out for a very nice dinner at The Farmhouse in Emmaus. Dinner was wonderful.

Friday: Brought J to the airport at 4:30 am and then K came and worked for the day. She got lip balms labeled and all the fizzys labeled as well. I got a batch of soap on a rope and shampoo soap done. I also got two orders sent out, ran to the post office, picked up cat litter, etc… We also filled and packed the van with displays and inventory. That night we had dinner with B & M. She made me dinner for my birthday- chicken paprikosh and nut rolls for dessert. She made me a wonderful beaded frog as one of my presents. I also got some earrings, the little tiny ones I love so, and a beautiful blouse with embroidery and beads. I didn’t get to stay as late as I would have liked, we needed to get home and get some sleep since I had a show the next day.

Saturday & Sunday: Downtown Bethlehem Art & Crafts Show

No comments: