4.24.2007

April 16-22, 2007 Week 16

Monday started out cold, it actually snowed more. In a week where all I wanted to do was get outside and do some yard work the weather was terrible. I worked on my web site some and signed up for my toll free number. I was a little disappointed that I can’t get a vanity number through Vonage, because I thought ANA-SOAP, or GOT-SOAP, or BUY-SOAP, or NAT-URAL would be cool phone numbers. Instead I got what I got and I tried to see if I could do anything cool with it but its all x’s and z’s so no dice….

Tuesday I started feeling pretty crappy. Part of it I think is the pine tar soap I have been making, The heated pine tar gives me a headache and makes me feel a little woozie. But mostly it is my heartburn acting up again. Its getting to be show season and I am feeling overwhelmed and I haven’t been doing my yoga as regularly, and I have been eating bad… all sure signs for some heartburn for sure…

Wednesday: I met B for lunch and we talked about our businesses. But mostly we ate… She was tied because a personal thing had kept her up all night and I was still not feeling right….We had wanted to go to the book sale in Bethlehem, but it was next week, so we’ll do that next week as well. In general the last few weeks I got stuff done, just not anything that was on the top of my list of things to do…I also finally got some orders mailed out…

Thursday… Yucky, Yucky, Yucky. I think I spent most of the day in the sofa knitting. The good news is I am getting lots of projects done. I made a hat, mittens, and scarf for B, I don’t think she’ll like the hat…. I am almost done with a poncho for M, but I ran out of yarn… and I knit three hedgehogs. I still need to stuff them and sew them up and put their eyes on, but they are just adorable. I also ordered some double pointed needles so I can knit myself some leg warmers (bet they help at winter shows), and another pair of socks (B bought me some awesome self striping sock yarn, I think I’ll try toe up this time). I am also almost halfway done with B’s afghan. I tore out my mistake and started the next section. Finally, I went through my yarn stash and figured out my next 6 or so projects- a vest from banana silk, a sweater for M, and a tank top are all in the future. I also have to finish the sweater I started almost two years ago now….

Friday… I cleaned the house up because C will be home on Saturday. I live like such a batchelorette while he is gone. I let things pile up in the sink, and the fridge needed to be cleaned out from all the leftovers, and I needed to bring out the recycling. I figured out my list of things to do next week and tried to stop stressing and obsessing over them all…

Saturday: In the morning I went to a seminar at Whole Foods about how to get your product into the store. I met another soap maker there and although that usually isn’t my favorite thing to do, I really liked her. We have a similar approach and thoughts about what we do, it was refreshing… Trying to get into that store is something I want to try to do but I am a long way of from having the time to accomplish it. It is a process, not hard, but it will take time, and it just may be something I work on later in the year or early next year. No time now….
Sunday: C and I got a bunch of stuff done. We set up my new display and figured out how it should look, we cleaned my car inside (looks almost new), we cleaned out the shed and rearranged all the stuff we have out there, and we took down our blinds so the new ones can be installed on Monday. It was great to be out in the beautiful weather, although I think we have missed spring and shot directly into summer, it was warm out there. We also got air in my bike tires so I hope that I can get out of my basement, off the stationary bike, and get outside riding soon.

No comments: