5.14.2007

May 1-6, 2007 Main Line Art Center Spring Fine Art & Craft Sale

I did quite well at the show this year, better than spring last year and even better than winter last year as well, which I found surprising. I don’t feel as though I sold many soaps at the show, but I did sell TONS of bath fizzys, counting the ones in gift baskets, well over 100.

This was one of the first times that I had just about everything available to bring to the show and actually brought a little of everything. I sold soaps, fizzys, salts, lip balms, lotion bars, lip glosses, washcloths, soap savers, samplers, you name it. I was surprised how many washcloths and other knit accessories sold; I will need to remember this for the fall and bring more of a variety then.

The overall look of the show gets better and better each time with the artisans bringing great work that has a clear voice/point of view. I never wonder about what the artisan is trying to say, I never wonder if a piece is actually their work or not. And somehow I never feel like I belong, but my sales suggest that I do, so I will just continue in awe and wonderment of the others that I am lucky enough to have next to me.

No comments: