11.15.2005

Herkimer County Community College Art & Craft Fair

Well I won another blue ribbon this year for best soap booth. Part of me says its isn't much because there are only 3 or 4 of us in the show, but the other part of me gets excited, I am the outsider, I am the only one that comes from out of state, and I have only been there for two years (won blue both times!). So although a small accomplishment, it is still an accomplishment. Some day when I have my store I'll have my collection of ribbons framed and put up by the register.

The show itself went well. Saturday was very, very busy and I really thought I was going to have a record show, but Sunday tapered off more than last year, so it just ended up being average. Mom comes to the show with me and she loves the opportunity to help and I love having her there. I got a little annoyed at my roommates, as I think they took up much more room than what is allotted to us, and I get very cramped and antsy when that happens. That is one thing that I dislike about many indoor shows, they just don't give enough space to the vendors, and sometimes even the walkways are too narrow for the customers.

I sold a ton of bath fizzys- most to one person. She is going to put them in small bail or canning jars and give them as gifts. I thought that was a terrific idea and may expand on that myself in the next year. I sold out of my extra large bail jars full of fizzys, so I have to go pick up more of them as well.

But the show as a whole went well. Easy load in, easy load out, they bring lunch to your booth for you, and get lots of attendees (even though they charge an admission).

No comments: