11.07.2005

Apple Festival Day 2

Today was a little less uneventful than yesterday. I met a nice woman who works for a chemical company in NJ, they also import oils. It may end up being a good lead for some supplies. Her companion gave me some hints about having labels printed and commented on how nice the bath salt labels are. Score for the new labels! I also got a wholesale inquiry, need to send out samples now, the store is in NJ. It got really windy; the afternoon's entertainment included watching the booths near me hold their tents down, because no one had stakes, newbies….

Sales were brisker than expected. Usually Sunday is about ½ of Saturday and it was closer to 2/3 this year. It was a pleasant surprise. I had a brief conversation with one of the jury members about how even the stores have been hurting the last 3 years. Since I ended up almost exactly the same as last year, I'm OK with that. It's also good to know that the store managers are also trying to make the show better, because the stores really benefit (much more than the crafters) from these events. And its nice to know it's not just me in my little craft world feeling the brunt of this wartime economy. The stores at Peddler's Village are all pretty much artsy, eclectic boutiques, so I think it's just the nonessential artsy, crafty that is hurting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment Hedge. Call me about the castor oil when you get a chance.

Beth Khazani