10.31.2005

Week 43 Accomplishments

Monday and Tuesday were spent on vacation. The trip home on Tuesday was a bit longer than expected, the Nor'easter in the are delayed flights out of Philly to Allentown. The funny thing was, we could have drove home quicker, but we couldn't get our bags. If we cancelled our flight, they wouldn't send them on to Allentown, some 9/11 rule about bags having to match a ticketed customer. So if we cancelled out flight, we'd have to drive back to Philly the next day to get our bags. But, if we hung around for a few hours, and the last flight of the night was cancelled due to weather, we could find alternative transport and they'd send the bags on to Allentown in the morning. What a pain…. But we got home. M & B picked us up from the airport and even had a big welcome home sign waiting for us! It was really cool, first time that ever happened for me.

Wednesday: I met with the ladies at the UWBW for lunch. I got to show off my pictures of paradise and my tan lines (I actually have tan lines!). My thing to do for the next two weeks is to work on a press release… After I got home from the meeting I spent the day catcing up on orders, reading my mail, and answering e-mail.

Thursday: Errand catch up day: Post Office, Bank, Groceries, Target (had to get Halloween candy to give out), updated the blog and went to dinner with B & M at this great seafood place in Emmaus. Good stuff! Somehow, even though it was sort of their anniversary dinner, they paid. Something about the fact that we paid the last time… always disturbing to me to figure out who owes who…

Friday: Made C an eye doctors appointment for Monday. He keeps getting a dry redish spot in his eye. It’s the third time now, time to see a doctor. Show applications: can you believe that I am sending out applications for shows that take place next year already. I swear it gets earlier and earlier each year. I send out pre apps for shows in October, and full apps for February and April. And I have more to do. I need to start and try to find shows for weekends I'm free next year. This year was slow- only about 22 shows; I need about 10 more for next year if I can find stuff that's worth it.

Saturday: I was supposed to be at the VFMOTTC craft show, but on Friday evening I was really feeling under the weather. Really stuffed up, and scratchy throat. Not good signs. I was worse off on Saturday, so I didn't attend the show. I hate skipping out on shows like that. They are not only fun, but it is for a small organization to raise money and I like being apart of that. I also find that customers at shows like this are very loyal, which makes them great return customers. Instead I caught up on my homework. Fate was smiling on me, and the instructor had canceled the big paper I thought I needed to do. Whoo Hoo! C Vacuumed and did laundry, so the house is finally feeling normal again…

Sunday: We made plates. C and I went over and helped B make plates. She was really behind so we came over and learned and did. Wow, that is a tough process and extremely labor intensive. She needs a new craft…I washed, glued, painted, and edged, while C edged, sealed, and cleaned some others. Her husband M was there as well, so she had a little production facility going all day. In return she is going to come over in a few weeks and give me a day of labor in my shop.

No comments: