10.16.2005

Vacation Day 1

3:00 am- get up,feed the cats, get dresed, take out the garbage

4:00 am- "B" comes and picks me up to bring me to the airport. I still can't believe that she volunteered to do this. Man its early. And I'm so excited I just rattle on and on, it must have been annoying...

4:30 am- arrive at the airport. Not even the people who work the check in counters are there yet. I'm told they'll show around 5am. I turn on my I-pod and start listening to "The Wish List" by Eoin Coffer. It is one of those kids books that also works well for adults and is all about a kid who gets killed and sent back to help an old man complete his wish list before he dies so she can get into heaven. Needless to say, Satan would really like her as a resident of hell and sends another demon to try and stop her from doing good.

5:00 am- check in, surrender my bags, and go find my gate. I pick up a really bad crossiant for breakfast and can only eat half...back to the book..

6:00 am-on the plane for boarding. the first leg of the flight is so short I don't even get the chance to turn on any electronic devices, so I just read the magazine they have. Interestingly enough there is a long article about Lancaster PA. I'll have to bring home a copy of the mag on my way home.

7:00 am- in philly for my connection. Take the bus to the A gate. Scrambled eggs and some hash browns for breakfast, and back to my book....

9:00 am- on the plane again. we are delyed due to some last minute luggage, so I take this time to finish my book, and then start "Skinny Dip' by Carl Haiseen. Interesting enough it is about a woman who's husband flips her overboard on a cruise ship in the effort to kill her. Out of all the books I could have chosen, I choose one about murder on board...

1:30 pm- Finally there! C comes to pick me up with two of his sisters, M & C. C is coming on the crusie with us. We go back to the hotel, freshen up, and then pick up his niece C and go to lunch where his last suster L and one of his other nieces meet us. It have this great meal called crab bisque, but its made with land crab, not sea crab, which tastes completely different. It also isn't like any bisque I've ever had- no cream in it- not even a soup per say. It reminds me of a Manhattan Clam where they've taken out all the broth, and added 10x the normal amount of clam. It comes with rice and plaintain fritters... yum.....

5:30 pm- back to the hotel, time to do homework and take a nap

8:30- go and visit mom and dad. C and L come back from shopping and its just some really nice family time. even with the language barrier, just the looks on their faces, and tone of their voice is filled with love for one another. that trancends language.

10:00 pm- back to the hotel, and I find the last of the NASCAR race on and sit and watch it until I fall asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have the time to post during your vacation. I hope you have a great time. I know that you really needed it. We have to figure out a day for us to do lunch so you can see the baby!