10.10.2005

Week 40 Accomplishments

Monday: Made Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey Soap. Went to Home Depot and bought a big Rubbermaid storage shed for the car port. It holds all my tables and displays perfectly (including the tent!) so now we don't have to carry everything up and down stairs and take up room in the basement either. Everything else was typical post show stuff- run credit cards, do inventory, catch up on this blog, etc.

Tuesday: Grocery store, post office, bank. Then I worked on the web site and got it all updated to reflect the October Free Shipping Sale, and got the Fragrance of the Month Survey working and posted to the blog and the web site. Finished my newsletter (hard copy) as well. I did lots of overdue home work, and finally got the new TiVo programmed with this years line up.

Wednesday: Milled soap and made more Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey. Also made Raspberry Fizzys and Rejuvenation Bath Salts. Finished getting all the names and addresses into my mailing list, and did more homework.

Thursday: Paid my sales tax (since it is due while I am on the cruise and I'd hate to pay the penalty if its late), answered the pile of e-mails that I hadn't gotten done, made Rejuvenation Soap, emptied out all of my containers from my last show and got all my inventory put away where it belongs, made more bath salts, fizzys, and got my newsletter in the mail *whoo hoo!*

Friday: Cleaned the house, did launder, and more homework (I can't wait till I am doesn't with these classes!)

Saturday: Finished the laundry. Learned that the basement leaks when it rains over 8 inches in 24 hours. The leak reminds me of those fountains with the little boys peeing...comes out of the wall just like that. Went to Home Depot to find something to stop the leak, bought groceries for the week, chatted online with some of my soapie friends, and started to pack for the cruise

Sunday: More packing, run to Target to get important things like stockings and a garment bag, come home but a bunch of other stuff. Watched the MASCAR race (go #6!) and cooked beef stew for dinner. I really hate packing. I hate having to decide so far ahead of time what I am going to wear. I hate having to plan for just about any weather, and I hate the process of folding, and getting it to fit into luggage. Why is it that the week before a vacation is always so darn stressful?

No comments: